Schaeffler endorses the mobility of tomorrow in more than 170 locations across 50 countries worldwide
New technologies and global trends, such as globalization, urbanization, and climate change, are changing the meaning of mobility. Drivers cruising on city streets and rural roads in both industrial and developing regions are shaking up the market. To keep pace, global automotive and industrial supplier Schaeffler AG delivers high-quality, intelligent products that are shaping the future of mobility today. To continue paving the way toward innovation, the company was looking for a solution to support its employees world-wide in better and faster decision-making and process execution.
A digital assistant was the key, and Schaeffler needed expert advice to explore and showcase its potential.
In close collaboration with IT experts, Schaeffler discovered how a digital assistant can drive intelligent employee engagement.
Schaeffler worked with the SAP Digital Business Services organization using the SAP® Innovation Services portfolio to create a showcase exploring the value of SAP Conversational AI services and how they:
- Enable an intelligent enterprise by integrating machine learning, predictive analytics, and cloud technologies in decision-making processes
- Consolidate SAP applications to help ensure maximum value for the enterprise, for example, SAP S/4HANA®, the SAP Fiori® user experience, and SAP Leonardo Artificial Intelligence capabilities
- Deliver a great user experience through intuitive GUI and natural-language processing –providing deep operational insight based on machine learning algorithms
- Support embedded enterprise-wide collaboration, enabling real-time information exchange and communication
- Provide customized information for each user by leveraging available internal and external information, such as news, alerts, market trends, and forecasts
- Integrate with Schaeffler’s digital assistant “eLISA” as well as third-party digital assistants to initiate further internal processes and access external sources, for example, sentiment analysis
- Give anytime, anywhere access through a mobile Web application
“Groundbreaking innovations are at the core of our business and operating model. Working with SAP Digital Business Services helped us leverage a digital assistant for the business and integrate our technologies for future interaction with SAP S/4HANA.”
Jürgen Henn, Senior Vice President, Strategic IT, Schaeffler AG